Thursday, December 24, 2009

my favorite Christmas movie ..

i don't know how or even remember when it became my favorite Christmas movie .. but for me Christmas is not complete without at least one viewing of .. Meet Me In St. Louis .. it certainly was never billed as such .. but for the last 20 years or so (my that sounds like a long time) i have felt compelled to watch it during the Christmas season..

i love the houses, the furnishings, the clothing .. i absolutely love the snow people that Tootie builds in the backyard .. for some reason they remind me of the cartoons from the New Yorker magazine .. i love the way the Halloween night scenes are shot, as if from the eye of a child .. i love the songs, especially Under the Bamboo Tree and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas .. and who could forget The Trolley Song .. amazingly they say Judy Garland recorded that song for the movie in one take .. no stopping .. straight through from start to finish. ..







so rod and I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ..


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Movie! thanks for reminding me of it. I haven't seen it this year but will have to correct that. Have a very Merry Christmas!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie!
    "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland is just perfection. She was so bright-eyed and full of promise then.

    Speaking of which, you and Rod and all the fam, have YOURSELVES a Merry Little Chriatmas, and I'll see ya in the New Year!

    Love,
    Anne (and James!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Merry Christmas! (That's just a bit more than a little!)
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Hope you had yourself a Merry Little Christmas!

    ReplyDelete