Sunday, September 6, 2009

depressed

internet connection has been sporadic .. family stuff happening here and there .. and honestly, i have been in a severe depression .. can't seem to pull myself out of it .. lately, some mornings it is very hard to make myself get up .. i think the fact that at 51, last month i was fired for the first time in my life .. it just hit me .. and all the stuff i have been sorting through .. i just can't seem to get motivated ..but, i keep praying and putting one foot in front of the other .. also, since the move, my diet and exercise program has been almost nonexistent .. that could be where some of the problem lies ..

feeling better today - i did get a very sweet mirror 'done'.. it was an old victorian mirror that i think one time went on a dresser - the picture below, you can almost see it down at the bottom next to the old tv tray stands - to the right of them - the little dark color mirror -



i took the mirror and painted it white, then distressed it and then accented it with some seashells i had - that helped get me out of some of my depression - so, this week i plan to do more things with my hands and not so much sorting and packing and all -







i haven't made it around to everyones blogs this week - hope you are all doing well -
laterz, troy

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the mirror. Here's an old fashioned remedy for the big "D": Snap your fingers twice, turn around 5 times until you are dizzy and jump up twice ~ now that should shake the blues or you'll feeling better by doing it. Now don't do this in front of a crowd or they might take you to Rusk, but if they do, you can shop all the way and make sure you are discharged in time for Zapp. I know this is no laughing matter and I really don't take this lightly, just trying to bring a smile to your face. I too faced something very similar this year, so I can so relate my brother. Hang in there, it's got to be better, T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Break up your routine, by varying your tasks. If I have to work in my garage painting or pricing for too long I start to go stir crazy. Your mirror looks wonderful with the paint technique and the shells! At least you're organized, and not falling over paint cans and cat litter trays!
    OK, and so now you've joined the over 50 club. You can be a member now with me and Debbie (Trash). It takes a special person to make it to 50 and still BE ABLE to put one foot in front of the other! Ha, ha! Just think about how much fun you'll have at the show. Take care of yourself, eat right and get some fresh air. We're praying for you.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been there... as far as the depression.... Key: Don't stuff your feelings about the recent changes... Hey maybe this is the break you need. Make lots of pretty stuff!

    Girl, you are in my prayers...

    Ang :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Troy,
    Hang in there....remember when one door closes another opens!!!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Troy! There's finally a face to go with the name, Yay! Now I'll be able to recognize your smiling face at Warrenton. Listen my friend, I've struggled with depression for years. I understand exactly what you're going through, have the meds to prove it! I will keep you in prayer, and please e-mail me if you just need to vent to someone who understands.
    ~ Anne

    ReplyDelete